Physics is a field of study that examines matter, including its composition, nature, and properties. It also examines heat, electricity, light, magnetism, and the structure of atoms and sound.
We all live in an era in which science and technology have become a part of everyday life. The simplest functions like walking, cutting, and cooking can be explained through the concepts of physics. From the starting days of school, students get to know about physics, which came in a form of a subject before them.
Likewise, Sudhir Memorial Institute, a Howrah cbse school also provides knowledge about the subject of physics through its experienced teachers. Physics is a significant aspect of modern culture and human history.
Physics facts in everyday life
- Sound waves can generate heat
- Electricity and electromagnets are all underlying concepts of cell phones
- Transparent objects are visible because they reflect light
- Without friction, you won’t be able to walk
Examples of physics in everyday life
The teachers of the best cbse school in howrah present some examples of physics in everyday life to their students. For example, have you ever wondered how could you see the image of anything in the water? The clear water surface acts like a smooth reflecting top, it reflects light when the image strikes the surface. Thus, we can see our image in the water.
Another example is, you might have seen that pushing against the hinges of a swinging door makes it difficult to open while pushing away from the hinges makes it simple.
Advantages of physics in everyday life
There are numerous advantages of physics in everyday life. The teachers of the Cbse School in Howrah explain to their students the advantages.
- Alarm clock: – We all use an alarm clock to wake up early in the morning. When an alarm clock rings, the molecules present nearby vibrate. The vibration causes the other molecules to vibrate as well.
- Iron: – The concept of a steam iron is based upon the principle of the heating effect of current. Due to the resistance present in it, an electric current passing through a conductor generates heat. A steam iron uses superheated water to eliminate creases in clothing and fabrics. Along with this, iron weight forces them to adopt a new shape.
- Ball pen: – Gravity is the fundamental factor in the ball pen concept. The ink is transferred to the paper as your pen glides over the page. It rotates the ball, and gravity pulls the ink down onto its top. So, if physics had not been there, you would not have been able to write with a ballpoint pen on paper.
- Doppler radar: – To check for overspeeding vehicles, police often use Doppler Radar. It works on the principle of the Doppler Effect. Whenever the source of the sound moves concerning the listener, the sound’s pitch changes. The reason for this is that as the sound source travels nearer or farther away from the listener, the frequency of the sound wave changes.
Importance of physics in everyday life
Physics explains how the world functions around us. Electronic devices such as phones, Bluetooth, speakers, etc follow the laws of physics. These kinds of devices help humans to make their work easier and more efficient.
I hope, you like reading this blog and found it interesting and useful. Physics is used in everyday life and is taught in the howrah cbse school and other schools too. To know more about the school and its facilities, visit the website today.