Are you from a cbse English medium school? Or are you seeking to get enrolled in the cbse board school in howrah? Well, it’s a golden opportunity for you if you want to get enrolled in the top 10 cbse schools in Howrah. Have you heard the name of Sudhir Memorial Institute Liluah? If not, then you will get to know about it further.
Each and every school had a science laboratory and the same has the cbse school in the howrah district. Students can now get the full support of teachers in their physics, chemistry, and biology subjects.
Laboratory and field activities are essential components of biology and life science and education of all levels and are the most effective vehicle for all students to gain firsthand experience. The laboratory provides the students with all sorts of facilities, ranging from specimens to innovative smart boards. The laboratory is quite spacious and is creatively decorated by the students. We have permanent anatomical slides of plants. The lab consists of simple and compound microscopes for the students to focus on and study slides. The ratio of these microscopes per student is fairly high. We have measuring devices, like analytical balance. Also, the laboratory has a variety of apparatus for physiological and ecological experiments, like a water bath, oven, and Digital PH Meter. We have fire extinguishers in case of an emergency. The laboratory is well supplied with chemicals, and equipped abundantly with thermometers and other apparatus for students to carry out their experiments. Through experiments, students are able to gain firsthand knowledge and appreciate various concepts of biology.
No course in biology can be considered complete without including some practical work in it. Biology is a scientific topic, thus it should be learned through experimental methods. The laboratory makes the teaching of Biology more meaningful and interesting.
Lab safety rules for students
- Keep pathways clear by placing extra items (books, bags, etc.) on the shelves or under the work tables. If under the tables, make sure that these items can not be stepped on.
- Long hair (chin-length or longer) must be tied back to avoid catching fire.
- Wear sensible clothing including footwear. Loose clothing should be secured so they do not get caught in a flame or chemicals.
- Do not taste or smell chemicals.
- Wear safety goggles to protect your eyes when heating substances, dissecting, etc.
- Do not attempt to change the position of the glass tubing in a stopper.
- Never point a test tube being heated at another student or yourself.
- Leave your workstation clean and in good order before leaving the laboratory.
- Do not lean, hang over or sit on the laboratory tables.
- Do not leave your assigned laboratory station without permission from the teacher.
- Learn the location of the fire extinguisher, eye wash station, first aid kit, and safety shower
- Anyone wearing acrylic nails will not be allowed to work with matches, lighted splints, bunsen burners, etc.
- Do not lift any solutions, glassware, or other types of apparatus above eye level.
- Learn how to transport all materials and equipment safely.
- No eating or drinking in the lab at any time!
Thus, hope you like reading about the role of biology labs in cbse schools. I hope after reading this blog, you found it informative. Please visit the Sudhir Memorial Institute Liluah amongst the top 10 schools in howrah and enroll your name here.
I Sushma Gupta, have professionally written articles and blogs for this particular school. I enriched my maximum knowledge and write on a regular basis. I am a dog lover and not only dogs but I love other animals too. Writing is my passion which means I love to write and I really like writing it.